Wednesday 26 January 2011

Oh to be a domestic goddess!

Normally on my travels around the internet I am looking for something to make me look and feel gorgeous (well I can dream can`t I!!).But this Christmas I decided that I was going to have the proper utensils and equipment to hand when I started my Christmas culinary crusade,Yes grumpy old man did snigger and asked what delights he was going to be treated to this year!Please note I do not burn things,I am just not very organised in the kitchen,I find cooking dinners boring and something I need to do rather than want to do,I am one of these people who really should have a chef as a husband or partner.Anyway back to the my internet shopping trip,my first port of call was The Cutlery and Catering Website ,this is run by a husband and wife team who sell all things to do with cooking and entertaining,there are even tips looking after your cutlery,cookery and generally interesting things to do with cooking etc.My roasting tins have seen better days so I decided on a roasting tin and bake pan set ,which were a very reasonable £16.00 and arrived very quickly,they are excellent quality,non stick(so easy on the washing up),nice and heavy but not to heavy that you can`t handle them,they can withstand direct heat from the hob (gravy making) and not weaken or bow like some tins I have paid more money for,a lasagne was able to go straight into the freezer (after cooling down) and then from freezer (after defrosting) to oven.I now use them all the time  and they are among the most useful things I have purchased.       

                                                       

My second port of call was All Teatowels Website,I have always used teatowels as oven gloves,but decided that I  needed to buy a pair,now I am not keen on the gauntlet type,I like the traditional one hand in each end glove,I settled for a Kaleidescope Design Double Oven  Glove which is made by Ulster Weavers,the gloves when they arrived which was quickly  are excellent quality the hand pouches are deeper than normal and the gloves themselves nice and long,the design  neutral and very nice and they wash well too.All Teatowels have an excellent selection of products ranging from Flowers to humorous and if you want to feel flush when drying the dishes they even have a £20 note teatowel.There is some nice info on the site and if you are looking for a gift idea they have a teatowel club!


I have not received payment or any other rewards from these sites,they are sites that I have used to purchase things from and know that they give first rate service and sell excellent quality products.

No comments:

Post a Comment